The Proposal Specialist is assigned to the proposal center within the Business Operations area of Prism Maritime. The Proposal Specialist will participate in the support, development, coordination, and management of proposals, proposal related products and will support various other business acquisition related duties.
Position Primary Responsibilities:
The Proposal Specialist will have a leadership role in supporting proposals such as the Proposal Manager in some cases, or as the Technical Point of Contact (TPOC) for subcontracting efforts. The Proposal Specialist will coordinate all Proposal Center activities to include but not limited to management of various proposal content libraries (past submittals, content sections, graphics, training materials, etc.); as well as, active Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA), Teaming Agreements (TA), etc.) and maintaining the Prism Pipeline of various business opportunities. The Proposal Specialist will produce various business opportunity status reports, NDA & TA termination dates, producing various business-related metrics, etc.
When requested, the Proposal Specialist will:
• Provide various proposal related services such as:
• Technical, Management, Past Performance, and Cost Volume compliance matrices
• Proposal POA&M, Schedules, Calendars, Timelines, etc.
• Proposal outlines and “Strawman” proposals.
• Resume templates and/or resume content based on unformatted resumes on file, etc.
• Graphics used in the proposal (photos, diagrams, charts, tables, etc.)
• Conducting various proposal gate (Blue, Pink, Red, etc.) or other in-process reviews (IPR)
• May be asked to participate as a proposal “Book Boss”.
• To implement various “Win Themes” and customer “Hot Buttons” throughout proposal content.
• May be asked to assist in reviewing questions associated with the solicitation that are generated by the proposal team, prepare documentation to support proposal reviews.
• May be asked to work with a Proposal Manager to establish a budget sufficient to cover the cost of labor, travel, and material costs associated with a specific proposal preparation, production and delivery.
• May be asked to work with the Prism Contract Department to assist in the development of the cost proposal (to include acquiring various documents such as representations, certifications, small business plan, etc.).
• May be asked to assist the Proposal Manager to generate and submit RFP related questions and correspond with government contract officer representative.
• May be asked to ensure that RFP modifications are obtained, reviewed, and distributed to proposal team members; as well as to help identify any changes that impact the proposal preparation (such as changes in proposal due dates, RFP requirements, and changes to key personnel requirements, etc.).
• May be asked to provide production and assemble related services for the submittal and delivery of proposals.
• Will maintain all files and records associated with business development and proposal preparation.
• May be asked to conduct interviews, review products or services, creating strategies, and to work with subcontractors hired to support the proposal center (graphic designers, other proposal related professionals, oral coaches, etc.).
• May be asked to support the Capture Manager with guidance and various levels of support.
• The above responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Various Other Position Details:
• This position will operate out of the Prism Chesapeake, VA office but travel to various customer work sites, teaming partner office locations, as well as other Prism offices may be required
• The Proposal Specialist usually works in an office environment, but may be required to visit US Navy shipboard, various manufacturing, production, and laboratory environments.
• Must have 5 or more years of experience associated with the responsibilities stated above.
• Prior experience supporting the US Naval modernization industry (AIT, Overhaul, Repair, etc.) is desired but not required.
• Must have excellent communication and research skills and do so in a professional and credible manner; must have command of the English language, the ability to edit and write both persuasively and articulately; as well as, be proficient with Microsoft Office applications (specifically with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
• The Proposal Specialist must have sound management and coordination skills (similar to that of Project Management) with an emphasis on responsiveness, multi-tasking, prioritization of tasks, and with quality control.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, communications, business or an applicable field associated with the maritime shipboard modernization industry (such as engineering, physics, etc.).
• Certificate in a professional proposal and/or capture management curriculum (such as that offered by Shipley Associates) is desired but not required.