Summary of duties – Marine Electricians possess a basic understanding of the installation process, the use of common/specialty hand tools, and the use of general purpose test equipment. Tasks are accomplished as assigned by the Installation Supervisor and in accordance with company work instructions. Additional duties and/or responsibilities of other positions may also be assigned for which qualifications are met to include Installation Supervisor on routine or low risk installations. A minimum of 2 years shipboard experience required.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• 5 years of direct experience with the physical inventory of Contract Furnished Material and Government Furnished Material.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, well-developed interpersonal skills, effective negotiation skills.
• Knowledge and skills regarding inventory processing and control.
• Experience in maintaining stock.
• Experience in Government Furnished Material and material control.
• Valid driver’s license required.
• Possession fork lift certification is a plus.
• Experience in physical material inventory and maintain inventory records preferred.
Specific description of duties:
- Responsible for the physical opening as well as closing cableways, cable trunks, and multi cable transits; transporting material/tools to and from the worksite; standing fire watch; painting; lagging; and assisting in weld preparation/fit up.
- Also must be familiar with systems removal and installation to include but not limited to:
- HVAC ducting, piping etc
- Cabling (copper and fiber)
- Equipment racks
- Lockers / Furniture
- Fiddle boards
- Connection boxes
- Power panels
- Antennas / Radomes
- Multi pin / Fiber Optic / RF and other type connectors
- Cable tags / Wire markers
- Provide installation assistance during SOVT
- Overtime is routinely required but not guaranteed
- Travel outside the local area may be required
- Possession of a State Drivers License is required
- Perform any other assignments or tasks as needed or requested by management to assist in accomplishing the organization’s mission, objectives and goals.