Contingent upon CONTRACT AWARD
Supervising Project Personnel, Scheduling Work, Writing Proposals and Preparing Bids, and Equipment and Material Logistics Control related to Submarine C4I installations.
Program Manager II assists the Senior Program Manager and is empowered to act for the SPM in his/her absence. Responsible for the daily operations of the Submarine Installation Program and ensures efficiency in administration of tasks. Specific descriptions of duties include:
- Compile, review, and submit estimates
- Develop and maintain a proactive customer communication plan to: determine needs, gauge satisfaction, develop new/other work, establish/maintain quality relationships, and routine engagement with the customer base.
- Prepare EVM reports including the analysis and explanation of cost and schedule variances.
- Select the best company and subcontractor resources to perform delivery orders.
- Provide training in project management tools and techniques.
- Task Subcontractors.
- Receive CDR modifications/Rejection notices from Government representatives and work to acceptable resolution.
- Interface with project personnel, address discrepancies, and develop resolutions including accessing corporate resources and needs.
- Work with subcontractors to ensure schedule adherence, compliance with applicable government regulations and safety.
- Review, analyze and submit status reports prepared by project personnel.
- Compile and provide data for Task Order Closeout.
- Submit CDRs/CORNs for discrepancies identified in the course of production.
- Occasional travel outside of the local work area will be required.
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and DoD procurement policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of NAVSEA Standard Items and 9090.310.
Ten (10) years of direct work experience with submarine C4ISR installations that includes:
a. Eight (8) years of direct work experience in managing or performing the design, implementation, testing, inspection, logistics, resource management, and completion of C4ISR system installation efforts for US Navy submarines.
b. Four (4) years as manager of submarine installation projects involving multiple systems and in performing tasks - Bachelor's Degree and 8 years of related AIT/C4I installation experience, or Associates degree and 12 years of related AIT/C4I installation experience or fifteen years of related AIT/C4I installation experience.
- Experience working with government organizations (SPAWAR, NAVSEA and/or NAVAIR) in AIT/C4I installations.
- Demonstrated experience in developing Plan of Actions & Milestones utilizing Microsoft Project.
- Experience developing and maintaining cost and schedule performance.
- Experience with pricing C4I/AIT installation work.