Summary of duties – The Purchasing Agent has direct responsibility for executing purchasing activities for such commodities as hardware items, electrical parts, electronic components, mechanical assemblies, subassemblies, chemicals, and services. Requires a background in supply chain management, purchasing, inventory management or logistics. Must have expertise in developing, improving and executing purchasing management processes for continental US and international requirements. This includes experience in requirement forecasting, planning, purchasing, inventory management, warehousing, transportation, shipping and delivery, field distribution, and customer service.
Specificdescription of duties:
- Directs and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in purchasing and distributing materials, equipment, and supplies.
- Plans, organizes, directs, and controls activities related to the purchasing function, from intent to purchase through delivery to customer.
- Manages the purchase order process and complies with all public law requirements as well as corporate policies and procedures, import/export regulations, and employs sound business practices.
- Follows FAR/DFARS guidelines to process and evaluate vendor quotations. Uses appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques to ensure quality, price, delivery, and service objectives are met.
- Evaluates and determines bid awards for procurements within the established purchasing authority.
- Negotiates or supervises the negotiation of complex requests for equipment, supplies, and services from suppliers and subcontractors.
- Coordinates with logistics department to ensure receipt of proper supplies. Investigates and expedites delinquent purchase order deliveries.
- Takes corrective action with quality control personnel, customers, and vendors on defective or unacceptable goods or services.
- Reviews purchase order file and documentation for completeness and correctness for procurements above the established purchasing authority. Coordinates with the corporate purchasing manager for processing the award.
- Executes purchasing activities for such commodities as hardware items, electrical parts, electronic components, mechanical assemblies, subassemblies, chemicals and for services. Responsible for acquiring OEM repairs, parts and services. Analyzes assigned purchase requisitions and applies purchasing strategies to select suppliers and identify leveraging opportunities.
- Applies understanding of the procurement process, responsibilities and ethical standards necessary for US Government, commercial and international material and services procurements. Follows FAR/DFAR guidelines to process and evaluate vendor quotations. Utilizes appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques to ensure quality, price, delivery, and service objectives are met.
- Develops and maintains suppliers that provide best value, high quality products and services while maintaining the highest code of ethics and conduct.
- Works with internal customers to ensure specifications and statements of work for materials and services are appropriate for the tasks or products required.
- Prepares negotiation plans and conducts effective negotiations. Interfaces with internal customers to ensure quality, delivery and cost performance are met. Supports supplier management activities.
- Overtime may be required but not guaranteed
- Occasional travel outside the local area may be required
- Possession of an active State Drivers License is required
- Perform any other assignments or tasks as needed or requested by management to assist in accomplishing the organization’s mission,objectives and goals.