Summary of duties – Field Engineer applies a broad knowledge of electronics in engineering design, analysis, evaluation, and development of engineering and technical documentation and reports. Provides senior technical support to the Project Manager in such areas as research, design, development, material identification and procurement support, inventory management, installation, and testing. Exercises discretion and independent judgment of a professional nature to complete engineering tasks. Serves in lieu of, or in conjunction with, engineers in the completion of engineering assignments. Recommends changes and refinements for continuous process improvement. Can act as Project Manager or Installation Supervisor. Periodically required to lift/move equipment up to and including 50 pounds.
Specificdescription of duties –
- Develops Installation Design Packages
- Identifies problem areas and provides Condition Discrepancy Reports, Change Order Request Notices, and/or Liaison Action Request preparation
- Develop technical manuals and specifications for systems and equipment
- Identifies, analyzes, reports on, and corrects causes of equipment and systems failures
- Develops test and checkout procedures for systems and equipment such as System Operational Verification Tests
- Researches and selects pertinent equipment / material
- Conducts briefings and presentations
- Performs engineering, quality, and safety audit / inspections
- Provides technical expertise and support on installation and production
- Conducts pre and post installation testing
- Provides training on systems and equipment
- Provides project status reports including EVM metrics
- Versed in Multi pin / Fiber Optic / RF and other type connectors
- Conducts configuration audits
- Provides final task status for Task Order Closeout reports
- Perform any other assignments or tasks as needed or requested by management to assist in accomplishing the organization’s mission, objectives and goals.
Education / Specialized training –
- Bachelor’s degree and one year, or Associates degree and six years, or 10 years related experience.
- Degree should be in Engineering, Management, or a related field.
- Non-degreed personnel must have four years technical experience in installation modification, field change, operation, maintenance, testing, troubleshooting and repair of electrical or electronic systems in accordance with Military Standard procedures.
Security Clearance –
- Clearance up to secret level may be required.
Certification / Licenses (as required for the task being performed)
- Cableway certification
- Multi-pin connector certification
- Fiber Optic connector certification
- Fire watch certification
- Overtime is routinely required but not guaranteed
- Travel outside the local area may be required
- Required: Possession of an active State Driver’s License